Delivers technology strategy, aligning IT as a valued partner to internal business partners & fueling change
Strategic Information Technology Leader who utilizes technology to further mission-critical business initiatives, drive IT and organizational transformation, and support multibillion-dollar operations. Offers broad-based business background with experience fueling change through people, processes and technology. Leverages a strategic approach to resolving business challenges, maximizing IT value, and delivering gains in client satisfaction of up to 83%. Utilizes technology and Lean tools to improve efficiencies while reducing overall IT spend by 25% and supporting up to $2.4B in revenue.
Distinctive Fit and Value
Global IT Infrastructure, IT Outsourcing, IT Strategy, IT Transformation, IT Support Services, Technology Roadmaps, Technology Platforms, Creating IT Vision, Technical Leadership, Technical Projects, Change Management, Vendor Management, Value Stream Mapping, Transactional Improvement Processes, Business Strategy, Budget Management, Operations Management, Cost Reduction, Business Processes, Organizational Transformation, Resource Allocation
Information Technology Leadership Achievements
AFL Global: Reorganized IT Application Team to be more business-focused while increasing agility of IT function; improved overall satisfaction by 28% by driving organizational change.
Belden Incorporated: Managed Salesforce Shared Service encompassing 1.8K users and 4 business platforms on global scale supporting $2.4B in revenue; assumed failing implementation project and increased revenue by $20M.
Poughkeepsie Day School: Designed and implemented a technology program for the school, creating a strategic plan detailing the value of technology.
AFL Global | Duncan, South Carolina | 2018 to Present
$1.4B Global manufacturer, engineering and services for fiber optics.
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS SOLUTIONS (2019–Present)
Oversee all business solutions including ERP (Oracle EBS, SAP, and GP), custom, cloud, and on-prem applications with a global team of 34 associates and 4 managers, and an annual budget of $13M Expense and $2.5M Capital.
- Increased speed of innovation and the creation of business value while maintaining seamless operations.
- Led team to replace two burning platforms (Migration to Oracle EBS), eliminating nearly $30M in revenue at risk.
- Enhanced value from SFDC spend, reducing Actual Cost per User by 9% and providing more features through negotiation with SFDC.
DIRECTOR OF ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE & INTEGRATION (2018–2019)
Managed enterprise architecture with a team of 5 Architects and functionally led all strategic decisions for IT applications.
- Created the current state landscape of 450+ major applications, business capability mapping, and top-level business process analysis to uncover obstacles to achieving business goals.
- Defined and gained C-Suite level buy-in on a 3-year strategic roadmap including foundational elements needed for the company to unlock additional potential ($3.5M first year spend).
- Sourced, hired, and onboarded Architecture Team to guide the business through IT and business transformation.
Virtual Business Associates | Columbia, South Carolina | 2017 to 2018
Healthcare revenue recognition services for PwC hospital and provider clients.
DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY
Supervised a team of 17 employees and played a key role in delivering strategic changes for operations. Oversaw all data processing, programming, and technical decisions within VBOA.
- Increased ability to flex by reducing training time from 6 to under 1 month through the creation of a formal training program for new Data Associates.
- Delivered improvements of over 25% reducing rework and client issues through enhanced communication between Technology and Operations.
- Lead technology improvements investigation and created and gained approval for a multi-year strategic plan with Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Enterprise Data Services (EDS), and Visualization/Analytical tools.
Belden Incorporated | Indianapolis, Indiana | 2003 to 2017
$2.4B American based, global manufacture of signal transmission products.
GLOBAL SENIOR IT MANAGER (2013–2017)
Led critical IT projects impacting overall business operations while managing multiple technical and business support teams. Oversaw applications focusing on sales, sales forecasting, and business intelligence.
- Served as IT Delivery Manager for global sales and marketing function, providing IT solutions to meet the needs of the business; supervised business analysts in the Americas, EMEA, and APAC regions.
- Successfully reduced tools by 25% and transitioned to the cloud-based model improving delivery time by 50%.
- Supported NA/LATAM Sales Teams representing $1B in revenue; streamlined quota build process by 6 weeks and reduced quota changes from 54 in 2014 to 2 in 2015 enabling the release of quota prior to the new fiscal year.
- Coordinated IT Leadership Team, serving as a valued resource to CEO; improved overall satisfaction by 10%, reduced monthly license costs by 31%, and identified $1M in SAP shelfware.
- Formed Tiger Team with global senior financial staff, transitioning financial consolidation process to platform-based in under 8 weeks.
SENIOR IT MANAGER (2009–2012)
Positioned across several functions including Global PMO, Business Applications, and Business Intelligence. Managed technology initiatives and projects to enhance business operations.
- Assumed stalled CRM project, replaced vendors and delivered project on-time; improved satisfaction with CRM from 6% to 89% using Salesforce.com.
- Led integration of underperforming IT operations of Trapeze Networks into Belden; realigned staff and delivered technology roadmap, completing the project in 6 weeks.
- Slashed IT costs by 10%, improved average completion of requests by 50%, and increased satisfaction from internal customers by 21%.
- Proposed, secured funding, and delivered over $8M of regional IT information system improvements.
- Delivered .5% commercial productivity improvements; secured $1M in funding to deliver BI applications.
ADDITIONAL POSITIONS: MANAGER OF DATA WAREHOUSING (2007–2009) & SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST (2003–2006)
Poughkeepsie Day School | Poughkeepsie, NY | 1999 to 2002
A progressive academic institution with multiple sites.
Played a key role in transitioning staff to technology-focused culture. Introduced technology program working with school leadership, Board of Directors, and community organizations to create vision.
Additional career history includes a role as Advisory Engineer at IBM, time as Founder at multiple technology-focused businesses including ISP provider, cyber café, and consulting firm, and senior software engineer at Kollmorgen Corp.
MS, Management & Leadership | MBA, IT Management • Western Governors University
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science • Marist College – Poughkeepsie, NY
Project Management Professional (PMP) • Project Management Institute
Community & Volunteer Work
Life Member / Governor of Poughkeepsie Lodge /
Legion President / District President—Loyal Order of Moose